Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year's Eve!!

 

Happy New Year’s Eve!

New Year’s Day is right around the corner.  Can you believe it’s going to be 2022?  Dating myself a bit, but I remember the 80s like they were a couple of years ago.  Wow, huh? 

Funny side note, in the 80s I had high hair and high heels. I was so much taller than my 5’2.  Don’t imagine it.  It was not as fashionable as I thought it was - after looking at old pictures.

Well, I digress.  Let’s take a moment and reflect on 2021 like many others this week, and then think about 2022. 

2021 was not what I expected.  But then again, neither was 2020, right?

365 days just flew by.  That equals 8,760 hours.  What did you do with your hours? For me, 2021 was filled with new challenges and blessings all wrapped up in a year.  There were great highs visiting family and a new grandbaby.  Participating in United Marriage Encounter and watching marriages flourish in a 48-hour Weekend.  That never gets old and blesses Carl and me more than I can express.

Oh, and the release of the new book, Holy Echoes with God.  That was a God event that I can’t take any credit for.

There were also great lows as friends and family member suffered.  We trudged daily to keep the business afloat.  Some days were better than others.  Trying not to stress with the many changes in staff and the economy.

At the end of the day, I can say we have much to learn still, but I am grateful for another year to push forward with God’s grace and mercy.


Then in a flash, here comes 2022. 




A blank slate is coming your way in hours.


What are your thoughts?  Past and future?


Part of me wants to start a list of what to do for 2022.  Sorry, it is a habit and a hard one to break.  Instead, I sat today and reflected on what God has done in 2021.  I want to be grateful for what He has done in my life.  Then I can look forward to what He will do in 2022.

Sit with me a moment.  Think back through the months of 2021.  What can you thank Him for today?

I am not going to make any grand resolutions for 2022.  I am going to press in more with Jesus.  I am going to take it one day at a time.  I am not going to put myself down if I miss a day.  I am going to pick myself back up and press in once again. That is the gift of mercy and grace in my life.  I can be thankful for those every day.

I know that He knows the beginning from the end, so 2022 will not be a surprise for my heavenly Father.  I excitedly wait to see what He will do in my life, our family, our business, our ministry…

Stand with me and thank Him for 2021, and for what He is preparing to do in 2022!


Revelation 1:8 (NIV)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 22:13 (NIV)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Deuteronomy 4:29 (NIV)

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...