Thursday, December 23, 2021

Christmas Peace...

 


Merry Christmas Eve Eve!  Today let's talk about Peace

I am sure you have noticed a theme here the last two days.  Going in the spirit of full disclosure, you will see may feel oneness of feeling on this one today as well.

The word Peace is defined on Google as: the freedom from quarrels and disagreement, the absence of war or other hostilities, or an agreement or a treaty to end hostilities.  It sounds simple enough right?

Then the holidays come.  So many families have strife that can take away Peace of mind.  If you wonder today that you are the only one experiencing this.  Trust me, you are not alone.  Let me take you through my last 12 hours.

I woke up at 2AM by a puppy who had intestinal distress.  As my husband ushered both dogs outside, I woke up to the mess.  My loving husband cleaned up the mess.  

I have to say that is true love.  Just saying. 

Then at 4AM I received a text from one of our adult kids having a meltdown over the snow and travel.  Then just as the alarm rang, the phone started ringing with customers who needed assistance.

After we got up and ready for the day, I thought it would settle a bit.  I worked with the team to get the days schedule in place and next thing I knew my phone alarm went off.  It was five minutes before my doctor appointment, and I was 35 minutes away.  

Mental note, set the alarm for 30 minutes instead of 10…

I hurried out the door and thanked the doctor’s office profusely as they let me come in late.  Driving back from the appointment, I felt awesome.  My neck and sinuses were so happy.  I pulled into my driveway to find a huge rut to the side where a truck couldn’t find his way to our barn for a delivery.  So many things I could say here about driving, markers locating where to go, snow tracks to follow… but I won’t.

So here we are talking about Peace.  

I read an awesome devotional before getting out of bed this morning that stated:

When we’re struggling to find Peace in the middle of our circumstances, sometimes the best thing we can do is to acknowledge God is with us and thank Him for the gift of His presence.

I didn’t realize how much it would relate to my day until I reflected on the last 12 hours.  Peace was the furthest thing from my heart.  However re-reading the devotional, I realized that I can’t do this in my own strength.  I need His presence and power to have His Peace. 

It doen't change my circumstances.  It changes me.

I am human.  I get frustrated with circumstances around me that I have no control over.  I have feelings that are not always Christlike. 

However, I can step into His presence.  I can reach His Peace by leaning in.  Like I mentioned the other day.  Be Still…  Then rejoice for the things I do have.  Then comes His Peace.

I pray that you will feel His Peace over the next few days as you continue this holiday journey.


See you tomorrow! <><


Philippians 4:7 (NIV)

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV)

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

John 14:27 (NIV)

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...