Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Reflecting on time...

 


With all that is going on in our world, I wanted to set aside some time to sit and reflect.  Yes, we are busy here in the business.  The calls are coming in non-stop for service and installations.  However, my husband and I need to take a moment time to refill our cups as the world continues to move at a fast pace.  You can’t pour from an empty cup.  You need to fill it daily with His help. 

We are filling our cups this coming weekend.

We will be taking some time off over the next few days.  There is an annual event we love to attend that brings other believers together for fellowship and worship.  I love to sit at His feet during these times and listen for a word from my Father.  It is refreshing to my soul when I take time to just sit and be like Mary for a minute.

Before I leave, I wanted to share a few thoughts with you.    


Have you ever noticed that time seems to march on every day?  Time is one thing we can’t hoard like food, or supplies.  Time goes on with, or without us.  I don’t know if this happens to you but when I get busy at work, the next thing I know it is time for lunch.  And shortly after that it is time to shut the phones off.  Days turn into weeks.  And then the weeks turn into months.  Next thing I know it is Christmas again.  Or is that just me?

However, did you know that a thousand days are like a day in the Lord’s eyes?  Psalm 90 verse 4 shares – A thousand years in your site are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night. 

Can you imagine that?

God is outside of time.  When we are face to face with Him, time will be gone.  How awesome is that?  It is almost unfathomable to imagine being outside of time.  I can’t wait to be a part of that with God.

Another thought…

You can’t get time back either.  No matter how hard we try, there is no time travel back into an event or moment.  Time travel does not exist.  Except with God.  Again, He is outside of time remember?

Today is a reminder we need to number our days.  We only have a few days here compared to eternity.  Psalm 90 verse 12 says – Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.



Are you numbering your days?

Remember we all have a date with God and only He knows that day.

What are you doing with the minutes, days, years given to you by God? 

Take a moment to sit at His feet like Mary.  Ask Him to give you a word. 


Let Him fill your cup today.




Psalms 90:17

'May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.'

Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...