Wednesday, September 4, 2024

My gift to you.

 


The best compliment is to be copied 😊

Last month was my birthday and I decided to do something different.  I asked my pastor if I could hand out a gift to those who came to church on Sunday for my birthday.  I know it is an odd thing - but stay with me for a minute.

I am so blessed to have others pour into my life in many ways.  So, what I wanted to do was pass along the blessing.  I often watch inspiring reels on Facebook and share them with others.  One specific reel caught my attention earlier in the year, and I saw a project in my future.

This pastor shared with everyone how his daughter and their youth group wanted to bless their church by doing something different.  Without questioning he agreed.  The following Sunday, hundreds of little Jesus figurines showed up all over the church. 


EVERYWHERE!

The youth decided to place the little Jesuses around for everyone so they could find HIM in places they least expected HIM.  All over the church.  And in the end of the service, everyone went home with a little Jesus as a reminder that -

No Matter what you are going through…

Remember a little Jesus goes a long way!

What a great idea!

It was such a great idea that it went viral across the US and globally.

I wanted to be a part of this blessing.

So - Back in April I went on Amazon, yes Amazon has everything, and purchased a box of little Jesus figurines.  I put the box aside and waited on the Lord for the right time.

My birthday became the moment in time.  I printed out a bunch of slips of papers with a QR code and the statement…

No Matter what you are going through…

Remember a little Jesus goes a long way!



I taped one of the little Jesus figurines to the paper.

I then placed the paper in a small Ziplock bag and added my card with my contact information so I could be reached with any prayer requests.




One Sunday last month I handed out a little Jesus to everyone explaining the story behind the gift.  I kept my phone on hand so I could show each person how to use the QR code when needed and showed the video. 

Then a cool thing happened!  One by one, the excitement grew.  “Can we have another one to give to a friend, or a family member?”  Of course!  I handed the little gifts out until there was almost nothing left.

My bag of little Jesus gifts was almost empty, but my heart was FULL!  I was blessed beyond all the gifts I handed out that day.  You can't outgive God.

Many seeds were planted that day.

I continue to pass along the blessing here! 


You now have the instructions.

Go out and spread a little Jesus wherever you go!

Love you guys!

 

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/416280930850429

Here is more about the Trent Tribe and The Lighthouse Church:

https://trenttribe.com/

 

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. '

John 3:16

'Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. '

John 14:6

'For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, '

1 Timothy 2:5

'Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” '

Acts 4:12

'If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. '

Romans 10:9

                                                      Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My gift to you.

  The best compliment is to be copied 😊 Last month was my birthday and I decided to do something different.   I asked my pastor if I coul...