Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Choices...


As I reflect on the water above, I am reminded how easy it is to affect others around me by my actions.  These affects may be good or bad depending on my actions.  The echoes I place around me happen minute by minute.  We all have 1440 minutes per day.  Remember, I mentioned that yesterday?  What echoes am I leaving behind?  What echoes are you leaving behind?  Each step we take from the moment we wake up is a choice.  Each choice is dictated by the thoughts that consume us. 

What thoughts are consuming us today?  The day gets away from us and honestly distracts us from what should be our ultimate goal.  That goal, if one is a believer, is to become more like Christ and dig deeper as we learn more about Him and His will for us.  When the daily routine takes over it is harder to hear His still small voice speaking to us.  The noise takes over.  The day takes over.  Next thing you know it is time to go to bed, and some of the tasks for the day are left incomplete.

So back to the choices.  Is there an easy answer to the question, ‘What positive choices are we making each minute?’  No.  If there was, we would all be doing what we are called to do every minute of the day.  We would be perfect, and that is not going to happen until we see Him face to face.  How do we consciously make the decision to capture our thoughts and make better choices? It is honestly a daily process of turning around again.  We get up, we make decisions, some good, some bad.  Then we reset and adjust our path.  Similar to a ships captain.  He keeps a clear eye on the horizon but does not trust his eyes completely but instead the compass which gives him clear direction.   The bible is our compass.  Prayer is our compass.  As we push forward each day we can pray and become closer to His will which in turn will create the positive holy echoes into others’ lives.

Romans 7:15 NIV

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Hebrews 12:2 (NIV)

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God

 

 Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...