Monday, September 27, 2021

Puppy Distractions...



I have always said, I am not so important that I would die by extravagance means, but most likely by being hit by a bus...

With that being said, I must start this story by saying I am okay. However, it fits perfectly into my intro above. Please forgive the longer post here...
My husband and I started a small bonfire after doing a few chores at home last night. The fire was exceptional, and I will attach that picture later. As the fire started, the mosquitos decided to join us for the evening unannounced. After a bite on my forehead, I decided to take proactive actions and went into the house to pick up a couple citronella candles and a lighter. I suddenly realized I was thirsty, and my husband probably would be as well. I walked to the back fridge and picked out two water bottles. I proceeded to walk downstairs and decided to grab a small table from the outside of the pole barn.
I was quite proud of myself as I thought placing the candles on the table between us would be a great deterrent from the small blood sucking guests. As I picked up the small black table in one hand, I held the candles, the lighter, and the two bottles of water in the other. Everything was going as planned and I only needed to go maybe 60 feet to the fireside. This is where the dogs came in.
We have two dogs, Rocco and Benny. Rocco is a Maltese, and Benny is a Shih Tzu. Rocco loves to be right where I am at any moment of the day. As I left the house with all my supplies to get the black table, Rocco followed as close as possible to not lose me and Benny was right behind Rocco. As I picked up the table and turned around to walk to the fire, Rocco decided to use his stealth cat moves to run ahead of me. Instead of running, he misjudged and got between my feet and next thing I knew I was freefalling with no hands free. I barely stopped my fall but then tripped on the gravel next to the van and then planted my face right into the right-side panel of the van.
As I lay on the gravel, my head spinning, all I could think of is again, this is how I was going to go someday. I also thought I better not have dented the van with my hard head because that would have made me mad. Finally, after feeling a bit of blood on my face, I decided that having pictures taken a few weeks ago was better timing. Pictures today would be a bit more raw.
After taking a few Advil and sitting for a bit in front of the fire with help from my husband, I realized I had a Chiro apt the next day which was again, timely. My shoulder, neck, and arm agreed. However, the bad news is the last time I saw him I had fell off a ladder. Another story for another time. Going tomorrow to see the Chiro and telling him that I faceplanted into the van might rise suspect of my innocent husband. What makes things worse is that we both have been encouraging the staff there to go to a Marriage Encounter Weekend for a while. I am going to have to explain this is not what we meant… Needed to find the humor in this…
The lesson here, are to take stock in what we carry that can burden our walk and keep eye out for distractions and stumbling blocks…
Psalms 68:19 (NIV)
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.
Matthew 11:30 (NIV)
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
1 Corinthians 8:9 (NIV)
Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.

Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...