Saturday, October 30, 2021

Cloudy days and Perspective...

 



Someone just reminded me that the aurora borealis can be seen tonight if the sky is clear.  That reminder came perfectly as I wrote todays thoughts…


This was my view yesterday before the pouring rain came back last night.  



The view was a bit cloudy and foreboding, or was that my spirit knowing the rain was on its way?  I was reminded of the blog I wrote about change and Ecclesiastes 3.  Change has been my mantra lately whether I wanted it or not.  I have to laugh, because I like change as much as I like cleaning the bathrooms. However, change comes whether we want it to or not.   We need change to grow.  I often fight change because I fall in love with a season in my life and want it to stay forever.  Can you relate?  Remember when your children were little and so amazing?  You wanted to stop time.  How about when a great event occurred, and you wanted to live in that moment forever?  A wedding, a party, a moment…

 

This was the view I wanted to see here in Rochester New York…

 


However, we do live in the Upstate in November and colder weather is coming.  The trees are beautiful as the colors become more vibrant in the rain. 

 


My Heavenly Father was stirring something within me this morning.  It was not about the change.  But instead, my perspective.  I see a cloudy sky and the rain today.  He wants me to reach higher and see above the clouds.  That is where the sunshine is and where He sees everything.  Remember, God sees the beginning from the end?  This is the viewpoint He wants us to focus on.  Not the season of change.  His view is beyond our comprehension, but we can see a glimpse when the sky parts.  The sun was always there.  It never left. 



I read a meme about riding a train going through a tunnel.  We don’t jump off because we are in darkness.  But we trust the conductor that we are going to get through the tunnel and there is light in the end.  How is that we can trust a conductor, but often we don’t trust The Conductor of our life? 


Perspective...



Pause for a moment and rest in Him.  Think about His view.  Look up on this cloudy day and remember the Sun is above.  Perhaps you will be blessed with a cloudless sky tonight to see the aurora borealis. Keep His perspective in your heart.  The Son walks with us in all change.

 

Genesis 1:1-5

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...