Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Christmas Calm...

 

Looking at the picture above, I sometimes wonder if I can have calm, joy, 

or peace during this season.  There are so many things that distract me during 

this time of the year.  Work, shopping, family tension, wrapping gifts are just a few…


The next few days I wanted to send out a quick note to share some thoughts, and 

hopefully in the process bring you a bit of calm, joy, and peace for the moment.


Sit with me a moment and take a deep breath and be still…


When is the last time you were completely still?  Personally, it is very hard for me.

I am a type A personality that loves to find more things to do to fill the space and 

time continuum each day.  In that process, I often forget to take a moment and 

just breathe. 


Can you relate? 


When my Heavenly Father gently reminds me during those times of chaos, I 

suddenly realize I needed the calm more than I thought I did. 

I received my first tattoo, and probably my last lol, in 2020 when things were 

upside down.  The tattoo is very simple.  It just states - be still.


It is my daily reminder to sit at the feet of Jesus, like Mary did, and be still. 

Listen to His voice.  Tune out everything else.


Remember what He did for you… 


Remember He has still got this… 


Remember that He is not surprised by what just happened or what is going to 

happen…


Remember that all can be calm, even for a moment, because we know 

how the book ends...


Take a moment and breath…

Be Still…


Psalms 46:10 (NIV)

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, 

I will be exalted in the earth.”


Exodus 14:14 (NIV)

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

 

See you tomorrow.. <3


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...