Friday, December 3, 2021

Praying for Family & Reconciliation...

 


How many times have you been frustrated with God not answering a prayer?  It may be a noble prayer, or even a selfless prayer, but it still goes unanswered.  I don’t know if you can relate to my frustration, but if so, have a seat and come closer to hear my latest story…

I sometimes get frustrated with God when He doesn’t answer my prayers right away.  I know, it is answered in one of three ways, yes, no, or wait.  I can understand yes or no, well most times.  It is the Wait one I have an issue with. 

When I became a Christian, I naively thought God would speak to me every day and give me His will for my life along with answering all of my prayers on a daily basis.  I know, naïve, but that is how I thought at the time.

He did answer some of my prayers quickly but often it was more of a patience and waiting period.  I have very little patience, and hate to wait in lines, while driving, or any other place that takes time away from my schedule. 



Over the years I have learned that I wasn’t going to win the battle of wills against God.  My prayers have become more seasoned, and I pray for His will, no matter what, no matter how long, no matter if.  Those are the hardest.  They are exceptionally hard when it comes to prayers for my family.

I have been praying for our kids for many years.  For their salvation for some.  For a prodigal or more.  For His wisdom as they enter this world on their own.  The hardest prayers are for those who are not speaking to us.  My heart breaks daily for some of our grown children who have taken their own paths and decided we were not able to join them.  My prayers for these are especially intense as I pray, if I am to never see them again, that He reaches them for me and brings them to Him.  Their walk with our Heavenly Father is more important than their reconciliation to me...as painful as that is.

Reconciliation is not always the answer to my prayers.  Even though I try hard in my own strength to ‘fix’ things.  God reminds me that this is an imperfect world, and free choice is the path they must take.  I receive a tiny glimpse of what my Heavenly Father must feel when His people go astray.  The heartache is so deep for our grown children, I can’t even imagine the heartache for humanity as a whole. 

Thanks for listening and keep praying for those kids of yours.  He does hear all of them.  It is up to them to make the choices, but He can bring others into their lives to gently persuade them where we are not able to. 

Standing in prayer with you today…



Psalms 69:8 (NIV)

I am a foreigner to my own family, a stranger to my own mother’s children;

Matthew 18:12

“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?

Luke 18:6-8

6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...