Thursday, March 24, 2022

Praying for others.

 


Has God ever put someone on your mind?   I have discovered that God will give you someone’s name so you can reach out or pray for them at that moment. 

I mentioned before - when I have trouble sleeping, I ask God for a name and then pray for that person.  This helps two-fold.  He reaches out to me to pray for His people; and I stay focused on Him until I can get back to sleep.

Every so often He has put someone’s name on my heart while I am doing my daily work. I don’t know why.  However, I take that moment to just stop what I am doing and pray for that person.  If it continues, I reach out to them by phone or a quick text to see how they are doing. 

We are all dealing with stuff every day.  Sometimes these speed bumps weigh us down and we need others to pray or lift us up.  If you are like me, often I don’t share my troubles because I know of others that have it harder than I do and don’t want to burden someone with my small problems.

On the other hand, if someone comes to me with a prayer request, I don’t see it the same way.  

Can you relate? We can see others needs more important than our own. 

Just a thought - This can be the enemy pushing us back from a blessing. 

We are missing the blessing of prayer and fellowship when we reach out to our sisters and brothers in Christ.  Let God bless us through a friend’s prayer and fellowship.  We need each other daily.  We are not an island.  We were made to encourage and pray for each other.

This is our lesson for today…

Pray for who God puts on your heart.  Reach out to that person through a quick text or call to see how they are doing.

Ask other believers for prayer no matter how you small you judge the problem to be compared to others.  Don’t be afraid to reach out.  He is there for all of our needs, not just the big ones.

Will you join me in this challenge today?

 

Ephesians 6:18 (NIV)

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Colossians 1:9 (NIV)

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,

Philippians 4:19 (NIV)

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


1 comment:

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...