Friday, April 1, 2022

Springtime thoughts...


I love springtime!  The new growth sprouting from the ground and on the trees brings joy to my heart.  Sometimes the flowers come through the snow because we do live in the Upstate (NY) and the flowers are as eager as I am to bring change and usher out winter’s chill.

This week I have been meditating on Ecclesiastes 3 because we are heading into a new season.  I was also reminded by the calendar that my grandmother has been dining with the Lord for 16 years.  This is a picture from many years ago of Grandma Peggy in one of her stylish outfits she often wore.  

 

Yes, I have her name, I was the favorite because I was names after her.  Her legal name was Margaret, but everyone called her Peggy.   I spent many years responding to the question, “Is Margaret your legal name?”  “No”, I would tell them and then proceed with the story of how I was given the name. 

Grandma left an imprint in my heart, and she did whatever she could to help me feel special and important.  God used her to bring a ray of sunshine in my otherwise difficult childhood.  I cherish all the memories I had with her.  Even though Grandma didn’t come to the Lord until she was older, she lived her life blessing others around her through her hospitality.  She could throw an extraordinary party, and no one left hungry or wanting for anything.  She showed her love through her gift of hospitality.

Springtime for me is an excellent time to reflect on all the changes that occurred since the previous year.  So much has changed… some good and some not so good.  Time marches on even still.  The new plant growth in springtime reminds me that I have another opportunity to change for the better.  I can cling to His mercy and grace as I grow in Christ each day.  I can take stock in my actions from the previous year and make the necessary adjustments in my finances, my relationships, and in my walk with the Lord.

Springtime is a great chance to ‘clean house’ so to speak in our lives.  I want to continue to grow in my relationship with Christ.  If I am not pressing in, I am becoming stagnant.  Take this opportunity to press in and dig deeper with your relationships.

Don’t miss the opportunity.  Time marches by swiftly and the next thing you know it is another spring.  There have been 16 springs since I saw my grandmother.  Someday, someone will say that about me.  What am I leaving behind as a legacy?  What are you leaving behind as your legacy? 

Take this time to reflect on the gifts our heavenly Father has given you.  How are you using them to bless others and leave a Godly legacy? 

Dig deeper today to get the soil in your heart ready for planting and harvest time.



A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...