Monday, August 1, 2022

Focusing on what is important...


Happy August 1st!  Can you believe it is August 2022 already??  

What happened to this year?  Time seems to move faster and faster as the years go by.  I just brought out our patio chairs for the summer.  And now it is August.  In about a month, we will carry the chairs back down to the basement for next year.  There never seems to be enough time to get everything done.  Can you relate?

As I sit and write - I glance at my desk of ‘things to do’ and do a mental juggling of priorities. 

Then I close my eyes and take a breath…

Focus on what is important – my Lord…

And then I continue to write…

Sometimes we are so busy we forget to focus on what is important.  Remember what I wrote about distractions? 

If you don’t remember, click here to catch up.

Yesterday my husband and I took a moment to ourselves after church to refresh and refocus.  We have been busy with United Marriage Encounter events and the business all week.  Church was a blessing.  Spending time with our community and worship fills our cups.   After church we drove home to have a late breakfast and prioritize all the things we wanted to accomplish.  I needed to write, and my husband wanted to tackle some things around the house.   However, the longer we sat at the table, the more we realized our bodies were weary and we needed some rest instead. 

So, we gathered up the puppies and took a nap.

Was it productive? 

Actually, yes because we needed the rest after a long week of running around.  After our nap we did a few things around the house and had enough energy after dinner to sit and read a book together we had started in July. 

God met us there at that moment we were reading. 

Would we have even read together after dinner without that nap?  Probably not.  We would have missed out on the blessing God had planned for us through our reading.

Focus today on what is important and take that breath…

Sometimes the blessing comes through rest. 

 

Colossians 3:2 (NLT)

Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

Psalms 116:7 (NIV)

Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.

Exodus 33:14 (NIV)

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...