Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Plot Twist...!

 

I am a planner.  I am a project manager by trade.  

So, it is almost impossible for me NOT to plan.  In our business I need to have my planning hat securely on while I plan our day’s activities.  Things come up and I often end up playing a game of Jenga moving blocks around praying none will fall.  It takes combination of skill, faith, and a lot of prayer.


Sometimes when I pray and move forward with a plan, things happen.  I call them my plot twists in life.  Today I woke up late, plot twist.  For some crazy reason our alarm wasn’t set, and we were woken by our puppy Benny.  I was grateful for Benny - otherwise I might still be sleeping…



After running around in a hurry to get things started and the team out the door, I sat down to breathe for a second before running out to do my activities.

Then suddenly I received a text - and another plot twist. Everything I had planned just got changed out of my control.

I sat down, took a breath, and prayed.

Was God surprised by my day?

Was it a plot twist for Him?



We both know that’s not the case.
  Nothing surprises God. He knows the beginning from the end of time and in our lives.  We may be surprised, but He is not. Honestly, I was a bit surprised.  But I know God’s got me and my situation.  I can stand in faith knowing He will show me the next steps to take.  Because I don’t know the entire picture, I need to trust my God and His direction. 

What can cause these ‘plot twists’ in our lives?


1.       Timing.

Sometimes it just isn’t the right time.  Because we don’t know the beginning from the end of our story, we don’t see the pitfalls that may come in play.  We might be running late because God is intervening and saving us from something.  Remember Balaam and the donkey?  The donkey was saving Balaam from God’s judgement. 

God may have given us the direction, but it is not the right time.  Remember Abram and how long he waited on God for a son?  Abram was one hundred years old when Isaac was born.  God was not late.  He was just in time knowing how the story would end.

2.       Testing.

Sometimes He is working in us and asking for our surrender in a matter.  God may be testing me like He did with Abraham and Isaac.  What is more important to me?  What I have in front of me, or my God?  Who is on the throne of my life?

3.       Trusting.

Sometimes I just need to trust Him even when I don’t know why things turned upside down.  It is hard to accept change when we don’t know why it happened.  However, we are here to trust Him and the process.  Job trusted God even when he didn’t understand what happened in his life.  I can cry out to the Lord for understanding, but in the end, I need to trust my loving God knows what is best for me.

--------------------------------------

So, in my plot twist day, I chose to go back to prayer and read His word to clear my head and bring me back to Who is in control.  I may or may not understand why it happened today.  But I trust who holds my days in His hands.  I will reach out to His family for prayer as I step aside and ask for His guidance going forward.

 

Please pray with me as we move forward in our day, trusting Him, in all plot twists. 

Father give us guidance and wisdom so we can see Your will in our lives.  You know the beginning from the end.  Please give us Your peace as we trust Your process in all the changes around us. 

In Jesus name, Amen…

 

Numbers 22:30-33

The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?” “No,” he said. Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell

facedown. The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me. The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”

 

Genesis 15:2-6

But Abram said, “Sovereign Lord , what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?” And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.” Then the word of the Lord came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir.” He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” Abram believed the Lord , and he credited it to him as righteousness.

Genesis 21:5

Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.

Genesis 22:1-2

Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.” Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.

 

Job 1:21-22

and said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

 

 

 Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

 

 


1 comment:

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...