Friday, August 12, 2022

Do you need a time out?

 

Sometimes the things of the world get to me and wear me down. 

During those times I need to take a break and spend time refreshing and refocusing on God and His word and His will for me.  Not all problems are for me to solve.  I can have that ‘knee jerk’ reaction and want to step in and fix it for someone.  Sometimes that someone is myself.  

Instead, I need to stop…


Breath…

Pray…

Read His word…

And then listen.  To what God wants me to do.  Or what He doesn’t want me to do.

Often, I can see the solution clearly with His help.  I have a tendency as mentioned before to react and not listen to the Holy Spirit.  Taking that extra moment, hour, or sometimes days helps me make the right decision.  His decision, not mine.

Mary sat at the feet of our Lord, while Martha was busy running around in her own strength. I can easily be Martha and forget Mary in the story.  God called me to be a Martha, but only when I am first a Mary.  Sitting at His feet daily to hear from Him.  If I go out in my own strength, I get overwhelmed and discouraged quickly.  If I fill my cup by sitting at His feet in the morning, I can then tackle the world like Martha with God at my side.

The problems seem smaller when I am at His feet in the morning.  The solutions come faster when I am not bogged down by the storm and my focus is on the One who calms the storm.

Take that time out for yourself today and sit at the feet of Jesus.  Read His promises below.

He will refocus you. 

He will reset your thoughts. 

He will give you direction.  Trust the process…

 


 

Deuteronomy 4:29 (NIV)

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalms 119:2 (NIV)

Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart

Luke 11:9 (NIV)

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Matthew 11:29 (NIV)

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Matthew 11:28 (NIV)

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Exodus 33:14 (NIV)

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”


 Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...