Thursday, November 17, 2022

Whiter than snow...

 


We just received our first snowfall in the upstate of New York.  I have to admit it looked beautiful from inside my home.  The first snowfall seems almost magical.  Now I understand, when you step outside, it may not ‘feel’ magical if you are not a winter person.  I get that. I am more of a white sand between my toes person.  But digress with me for a moment.

I can’t help but stop and reflect on how white the snow it when covers the ground. The snow blanketed our yard like a beautiful white blanket covering all the imperfections of the yard. Like a blank slate.  It reminds me of how we are cleaned whiter than snow from Christ’s blood when we become a Christian.  How awesome is our God to use snow as an analogy in Psalm 51?  How great is our God to give us a new beginning by just believing, and asking Jesus into our heart?

I stared outside at the snow reflecting the sun before it melted.  The snow is a vast amount of tiny snowflakes which accumulated on the ground.  Microscopic snowflakes.  Each one unlike the other.



I spoke with a friend recently who shared some pictures on his phone.  He took pictures of snowflakes and had magnified them to see their details.  The pictures were as beautiful as his story about each one of them.  He then proceeded to tell me that he names each of the snowflakes captured on film.  I thought that was silly for a minute.  Then I realized how profound that statement really was.  Each snowflake is unique.  Each one is known by God.  So, each may be named by God.

I marvel often that God knows each of us by name, but never thought so microscopically that He also named the snowflakes.  (please don’t get sidelined by politics here 😊) God named the stars in the Heavens.  It states that fact in Psalm 147.  Each of the hairs on our heads are numbered along with the grains of sand.  So, again, why not the snowflakes?

Wow… Just think about that for a minute.

How amazing is our God that He created snowflakes to accumulate into a blanket of snow?  Each snowflake is completely different from the next.  And He knows all of them.  Just like He knows all of us.  You feel insignificant gazing at the universe at night that lights up our world?  Remember He called you by name.  You were named before you were born. 



He has plans for you that is different from everyone else in the universe.

Each of us is purposely created different because we have distinct callings to help the Kingdom of God.

He is calling you out to do His will.

Will you step out of the pack and join me?

Imagine everyone working in unity towards His goals instead of our own.  We can make a difference, one small snowflake at a time gathered together can make an avalanche. 

 


Psalms 51:7

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Luke 12:7

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Psalms 147:4

He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

Psalms 139:18

Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.

Psalms 139:7

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...