Thursday, November 10, 2022

Today I choose Joy!

 


As I stepped out this past week, I asked God to give me a word.  He gave me one word, JOY.  The last seven days have been a roller coaster of feelings.  I needed a word from God to reset my attitude.  Have you ever had one of those weeks?

You might be able to relate to some of what I have shared here.  There has been a lot going on this past week in our country.  Possibly hurt feelings and frustrations or ‘spilled milk’ incidents.  There may have been trials and storms coming from unexpected areas.  The enemy loves to distract when he knows God is about to do something Big.

Tomorrow my husband and I will be presenting for United Marriage Encounter with other team couples.  We are going to give all we have to fill the cups of the couples who are attending.  We don’t leave anything on the table.  Again, the enemy often attempts to cause chaos when God has a plan.  He has a plan for the couples this weekend.

Today, I ask you to choose Joy.

Today choose the Life Giving Joy from our heavenly Father who knows the beginning from the end of everything – including your life.  Fill your cup today with His Joy.

If you are feeling drained, ask God to overflow your cup.  Are you lacking His JOY today?  Ask our heavenly Father to fill your cup so full that it spills onto others.

Imagine for a moment God pulling the curtain back and showing you how He is working in your life!  Hold on to that feeling... Let the Holy Spirit wash over you as you are filled with the Father's JOY today! 

Take that Joy God has given you and fill the cups of someone else.  Remember others in your life may be drained and tired as well.  They need their cups filled with His peace and His presence.

Choose Joy – His Joy.

Also please pray for the couples who are investing in their marriages this weekend. 

Watch the video below and be blessed. 

Remember who is on the Throne and that We Know How the Book Ends!

 

https://youtu.be/lA7n7TwPDmw

 

Galatians 5:22 (NIV)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

John 15:11 (NIV)

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Philippians 4:4 (NIV)

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.





No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...