Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Need meat, lettuce...

 


People have asked me over the years how I work with my husband 24/7 in the same business.  We laugh over that question.  Our first response is normally; “Because of God.”  What follows that statement is, “And because of United Marriage Encounter.”  Both are attributes to our working together in the business for almost 6 years. I have also learned to keep a sense of humor.

Are we perfect?  Absolutely not.  But we are covered by His grace as we move through this imperfect world together.  And for that I am grateful.  I have someone to tackle this time on earth with.  We do have our moments though.  A week or so ago was one of them.

I was running errands with our office manager when I received a text notification from my husband.  The announcement came over the car’s radio.  “You have a text message” I was excited to hear from him because we are normally too busy to talk during the day.  Occasionally he sends me a quick text to say hi or “I Love You.” I eagerly hit the play button while I was driving down the road. 

“Need meat, lettuce, cheese. Please”

Well, that wasn’t what I expected. 

I have received texts in the past from my husband.  Sometimes he uses speech to text and what comes across the airwaves is not quite what he meant to say.  I have heard words that didn’t belong together or were not actual words. 

This was a new message.

 

Here is his backstory:



My husband ran out of lunch meat when he made his sandwich for lunch that morning.  He wanted to remind me as he went driving down the road.  Simple.  Yet amusing.


“Need?”


I drove down the road and started to laugh at the humor of ‘need’.

I could think of several things he might ‘need’ more than lettuce.  Heck I could think of a few things I would prefer over lettuce. 

Possible dinner out 

…and a bit of romance...?


Hey at least it did end it with please, right?


We love to communicate our daily activities when my husband comes home from his installs.  Some days are better than others.  This particular day would be a humorous one.  I did laugh for the rest of the day when I remembered his text.

Since the bar was set so low, I believed he would be happy to know I did pick up the necessary processed meat, rabbit food, and over-processed milk.

I also purchased him some snacks for after dinner.

That is love. 

That is how we communicate and work together.  Words are very powerful.  Remember to lift up each other with your words.

God is the glue that holds it all together.

And keep a sense of humor 😊

 

 

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

 

Song of Songs 1:2

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— for your love is more delightful than wine.

 

Song of Songs 1:2,15

How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves. 


                                              Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a Berean...

  So many things influence our daily life.   We don’t always notice these things around us.   But they do creep up and influence our decisio...