Friday, January 20, 2023

Boxing in my dream...

 

I woke up this morning contemplating a dream I just had about boxing.  I will start by stating that I am not a boxing fan.  I don’t particularly watch any sports lately.  I used to watch the NY Yankees all the time.  Please don’t hate me if you are not a Yankees fan.  I grew up playing softball so enjoyed watching the game later as an adult.   Baseball was a fun distraction for many years.

So back to the boxing.  I had a dream I was in a boxing ring.  This was a strange situation because I am not a physical fighter.  I would rather spar with my words than my fists.  When I was younger…  Well, that is a different story for another time.

The strange part of the dream, besides being in a boxing ring, was the fight was almost over and I was in the process of making the one punch knockout blow.  Is that a term?  I remember feeling a rush of adrenaline and was excited to knock out my perceived enemy with a smile on my face.  When I woke up, I thought, “That is weird because I am not a boxer.” How would I know what it felt like to be ‘in’ the ring?  I sat on it for a minute, then fell back asleep.

Then I had a second dream.  One of pure joy and reconciliation with one of our grown kids.  We were talking and sharing like we did so many years ago.  My heart was full.  Then I woke up.  Grief filled my heart as I realized it was only a dream.

Praying about what I remembered in my dream, I asked the Lord for clarity.  I felt secure that God was telling me the battle was going to be won.  God will restore what the enemy has tried to take away.  Reconciliation. Family. Unity.  I am not sure when, but I stand on His promise that it will happen.

This was a confirmation I needed to hear.

Each time we pray, we are fighting spiritual battles.  God is not sitting above choosing which prayer to hear.  Again, this was a confirmation in my dream.  But it was also a reminder.  The battle is fierce. The enemy is not fooling around. Why are we surprised by spiritual attacks?   They come every day because the enemy does not rest.

But our God is bigger! 

When a boxer steps into the ring, they are preparing to fight someone.  They are also expecting to win.  The boxer does not walk into the ring to lose or compromise a fight.  Failure is not on their mind.  We need to look at spiritual warfare the same way. 



We need to walk in the ‘spiritual’ ring knowing we are going to battle. We need to hold nothing back and go in planning on fighting to WIN no matter what.  We can’t go in to battle half-hearted. 

Fight the good fight knowing WHO has your back!  Gods got this and He has you in His hand!

 

Will you stand in prayer with me for our kids?

Standing on His promise - Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved-you and your household."


 

 

1 Timothy 6:12

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

1 Corinthians 9:24

 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.  

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

                                          Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a Berean...

  So many things influence our daily life.   We don’t always notice these things around us.   But they do creep up and influence our decisio...