Saturday, June 17, 2023

Battling the storm…

 


Ever feel like you are in the storm of your life and wondered how you got there?  Sometimes the storms are distractions from the enemy trying to stop you from moving forward where God has called you.  Other times, they are just storms God allowed in your life to strengthen you.

My husband and I went away on our annual trip to the KLove Fan awards in Nashville just a little over 3 weeks ago.  We love taking this trip yearly to remove all distractions to focus on each other and the Lord.  Each year God shows up and fills our cups abundantly.  We spent a few days on the mountain top and our cups were so filled we couldn’t wait to get back home and pour out of those cups to those around us.  We walked away inspired and blessed.



 

Then we got home.  Work came in like a flood.  Actually, life came in like a flood.  The first day back I received over 100 service calls.   That same week our AC and hot water heater broke down.  Kind of ironic since my husband does HVAC.  We failed to see the humor at that moment.  Then physical issues crept into the picture.  What next?

This past week I was on the phone with my husband during the day and mentioned I felt exasperated like fighting a head wind walking down the street with a flimsy umbrella that suddenly flips in the opposite direction. 




What did I do?

I reminded myself of our week away.  I reminded myself of how the enemy loves to distract after a blessing.  We were blessed.  We were being distracted.

I would like to say my attitude became Polly-Anna immediately when I realized the storm was not my making but the enemy trying to distract me.  But it didn’t.  It took time.  It took prayer.  It took diving deep into His word and reminding myself what I learned 3 weeks ago.  One song resonated with me that week.  Brandon Lake’s Gratitude.

So come on, my soul
Oh, don't you get shy on me
Lift up your song
'Cause you've got a lion inside of those lungs
Get up and praise the Lord!

This song hit home after the Lord gave me a word while we were away – Your time of mourning is over.  He wasn’t removing the situation from me, but removing the pain I had been experiencing the last year.  My time of pain was taken by GOD.  He then told me to praise Him in the waiting.  He was working.  I needed to only praise Him in the waiting.


That is what I did that week.

That is what we did together.



This picture was taken by a stranger behind us at the event.  She wanted to share it with us.  We worshiped with over a thousand of our ‘best friends’ that week.  It was truly a mountain top experience.

I write to remind myself of these precious moments…

If you are in a storm, remember no matter the reason, GOD is with you!  Rise up and praise Him in the storm.  Read all the verses you can on praise.  You will be surprised how many there are…

He will get you through.

 

Isaiah 25:1

 Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.

 

Psalms 150:6

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.

 

Psalms 103:1-2

Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—

 

 

Here is Brandon Lake’s song Gratitude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1em6MJp0zUc



                                                        Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...