Thursday, June 8, 2023

Patience In the waiting…

 


Remember when you were waiting for Christmas morning when you were a child? 

It seemed to take forever!   

I remember when I was young and wanted Christmas morning to arrive.  I had so many expectations and hopes for that glorious morning!  I would sit up as long as I could and try to listen for any activity downstairs that would signal presents arriving.  But no matter how hard I tried, my eyes would betray me, and I would drift off into the night until the light from my window woke me the next morning.  

I would then rush from my bed and race downstairs to see what had happened the night before while I slept.  Excitedly I would race back and forth from the tree to the overfilled stockings trying to decide which was more important to unpack.  In my excitement I never doubted Christmas would come.  It always did, thanks to my parents. I never questioned the event.  I only tested my patience as I waited each year for that day to finally arrive.


God has given us many promises in His word.  We may not have the exact dates, but we are assured they are coming.  God is true to His word.  Always.

He also answers our prayer requests.  Sometimes those answers are not immediate, but that doesn’t mean He is not working on them, or us.  Just because we haven’t heard from Him, doesn’t mean He isn’t there.  The Israelites had not heard from God for centuries.  That didn’t mean He stopped working.  That didn’t mean He stopped caring.  That didn’t even mean He walked away.

He was being patient.  He was asking them to be patient. 

He is asking us to be patient.

Just like He was in the Old Testament with His people.

Just like He was with His people during Noah’s time.

Just like He was during Moses’ time in the desert.

Just like He was with Nebuchadnezzar, Saul, David, and even Job.  He was patient with each of them.

He is asking us to be patient.

He is working.

His plans are in place.

He is coming again.

Take refuge in the King today. 

 


Philippians 1:6

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

 

Revelation 22:20

He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”


                                                 Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...