Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Happy Thoughts!

 

Do you have a word or phrase you use often? 


You may not realize it - but ask your friends.  They will know your favorite phrase or words.  I didn’t realize how often I say certain things until I heard others say it back to me.  It makes me smile because I am sharing joy with others through positive words.

If you have known me longer than a day, you may have heard some of my ‘sayings’.


One of those sayings is – “Happy Thoughts!”


 
I repeat these two words daily.

Happy Thoughts!

 

I believe there are enough negative words and actions in this world.  I like to take the challenge and instead spread positive thoughts wherever I go.  I am a glass half full person who likes to look at the positive things and blessings around me.  Your mind adjusts when you focus on what you are grateful for instead of what you don’t have.  

Staying positive doesn’t mean I am Polly Anna who doesn’t see the bad or negative things around me.  It also doesn’t mean I am attempting to ‘fake it’ till I am happy.  Instead, it means that I am choosing to be grateful and see the beauty through the ashes in my life.  Bad things happen and will continue to occur.  We live in a fallen world.  My positive words help my perspective when I deal with the negative actions around me.

What are your positive thoughts for today?



Take a moment and write a list of all the things you are grateful for today.  Start basic and then see where God will lead you.  We are honestly so blessed.  If you start a blessings journal you might be surprised by your perspective after only a week, a month, a year.  It is hard to be negative when you are telling yourself and thanking God for what you DO have.


Speak life into someone today!

Speak life into yourself today!


So - I leave you with HAPPY THOUGHTS!  And many blessings on your August!

 

Matthew 12:34

For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.


1 Thessalonians 5:11

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.


Proverbs 18:21

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.


                                                Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...