Sunday, October 1, 2023

Surprise Blessings!

 

Sometimes we get caught up in the day-to-day grind, surprise blessings catch us off guard. 

Or is that just me?

I have been so busy doing, doing, doing… Martha comes to mind.  Distracted by all the preparations that need to be made.

Work is busy...
United Marriage Encounter is busy...
Church is busy...
We are busy...
But sometimes we need to just BE STILL.


I like to have all my ‘ducks’ in a row and cross off my ‘to do’ list before I go to bed.  It’s part of the OCD in me.  Everything in its place.  Conquer the day.

You know what I mean?

Again, I get so caught up in DOING, that I often forget God is working also, and my futile attempt at completing something looks like a kindergarten project next to HIS masterpiece.

God doesn’t need me but by His grace He uses me to do His will.  I need that daily reminder.

I was reminded of His power recently.


As I strived to do it ALL, He stepped in and removed a HUGE financial burden of ours.  In an instant.  In a keystroke.  We couldn’t remove that burden in a lifetime.  BUT GOD.

Then - He stepped in again and continued to bless us through answered prayers for one of our sons.

Then - He stepped in AGAIN and blessed us with a once in a lifetime opportunity through United Marriage Encounter.

Three times in three weeks.  While I was scurrying around in my own strength, God stepped in and reminded me WHO was in charge.

I stopped in my tracks and fell on my face in gratitude…

He doesn’t need me. But in His mercy, I can be used by Him. 

I just need to BE STILL. 

I need to remember WHO is in Charge.

I need to be willing.


Thanks for listening…


    
But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,
Luke 10:40-41
 
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalms 46:10 NIV
 
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Isaiah 6:8
 
 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone— while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
Job 38:4-7

                                                           Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...