Monday, January 1, 2024

2024 Thoughts...

 

What if 2024 was your last year?  What would you do differently?

I am sure you have heard the question – “If this was your last day on earth, what would you change?”  I thought about that question a few times over the years.  Each time my answers became more focused. 

I would spend a small amount of time making sure my affairs were in order.  But then I would change my plans for the day.  My focus would be on my husband and those closest to me.  I would pick up the phone and start calling those important to me.  I would then reach out to a neighbor or a family member in need.  I wouldn’t care about the small stuff around the house.  Petty arguments wouldn’t seem so important with only 24 hours left to live.  I would not think about the time - but pack in as much love as I could in those hours before I left this earth.  I would want to spend the last moments with my husband and my God in sweet communion.  Would it be perfect?  No, it probably wouldn’t but it would be with my God and my man and that’s all that would matter.

We might ponder that question above for a while when we hear it, but eventually the daily grind comes into focus and then we would just walk away.  Work, life, stress, gets in the way and next thing you know we lose our true focus – Jesus.



Today I am asking you to take this question a step further. 

Again, what if 2024 was your last year?  What would you do differently?

This could be your year God has been speaking to your heart to step out and finally do what He has called you to.


365 days.



That is the time we have.

We are not guaranteed a day longer than God has planned for us.

You are here for a reason.

You are here on this earth for a purpose.

What is your purpose?

What have you been sitting on that God has called you to do?  What if He is just waiting for your willingness to answer His call?  Someone is waiting for you!  God doesn’t need us to do His will.  He doesn’t need us to do His purpose.  However, we can receive the blessing by being obedient to His calling and be a part of His Plan.

How are you using your 365 days?

Pray for opportunities this year!

Get Ready!

Buckle Up!

God Has A Plan for You!

Will you join me?


 

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

 

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

 

                                            Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...