Friday, October 22, 2021

Hawk opportunities...

 


Once during a retreat, I was asked what my bird name was.  I found it amusing because I don’t take representations of animals or otherwise very seriously.  However, a friend spoke up quickly and said, “Her bird name is Hawk, because she doesn’t miss a thing!”  I was not amused with that remark and put it aside.  Over the years, I have noticed the name had more significance that I originally realized.  As a bird of prey, a hawk sees everything from a distance to capture dinner or stay away from danger.  Without the powerful sight, the hawk can miss an opportunity for a meal, or worse fall to another predator hunting for their dinner.

I have noticed throughout my short term on this blue planet that I also see more than the average person does.  That doesn’t mean my eyesight is better.  I just seem to catch all the tiny details.  It can be exhausting when I walk into a room.  I see things that need to be fixed, moved, or adjusted.  I also notice people around me.  I can sense their struggles sometimes and use that moment to pray for them. 

Again, it can be exhausting because it never turns off.  I see everything, all the time.  Recently I was thinking about my dilemma and God showed me someone that needed attention in an airport restaurant.  I prayed for her and then felt strongly to reach out to her.  So, right before she left her table, I stepped over and wished her well and said I would keep her in my prayers.  She almost started to cry and thanked me.  As I walked away, I realized He wanted me to see her.  She was feeling alone, and He wanted me to remind her she was not.

I then heard; this is why you see everything.  I could pray for that person no one else saw.  That is my gift.  He gave me the gift of sight, to observe all the tiny details and take them to Him for prayer.  I am just the conduit for Him. 



How cool is that?  I thought it was a curse, but He created it in me to be a blessing.  How many things have you felt are a curse in your life?  Maybe they are really the blessings He intended for His purpose.  Pray today that He will reveal these blessings to you!


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...