Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Holy = Set Apart

 


I was reading a devotional the other day and stopped when it stated I was to be Holy.
  Holy sounded like such a monumental task.  What the devotional shared next was, Holy means set apart.  We are set apart by God when He calls us to Him.  Breaking it down to that level made more sense to me and I wanted to share it with you here.



When I accepted Christ into my life, I was called to be Holy because Jesus now dwelt inside of me.  I was being set apart for His will and His glory.  Set apart doesn’t mean that I am perfect or above anyone else.  That is not possible because I am human.  I am flawed.  I will make mistakes until the day I see Him face to face.  However, I am sanctified and justified by the blood of Christ.  Justified means - because of Christ, it is Just As If I have never sinned so I can come to the throne of God through the blood of Christ.  Christ died for my sins, and I became sanctified through Him.



Each day I wake up is a blessing as I remember I have been set apart by God to do His will for the day.  What a great way to wake up, right?  He woke me up today to lean into Him, and then plan my day with Christ in the forefront of my mind.  Does that mean I should not think about anything else?  No, that would be foolishness because I must work to eat and live. 

We can lean into Him each morning and mentally prepare ourselves for His will.  That is the ongoing process that brings us closer to our Heavenly Father and helps to conform our will to His.



It is a daily struggle.  But the more we press into him, the closer we will reach that state of being ‘set apart’.  When you wake up tomorrow, take a moment and lean into Christ.  Listen for His will for your day.  And then watch what He can do with a willing servant.  <><

Leviticus 20:26

You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...