Thursday, May 5, 2022

National Day of Prayer thoughts...


 

Lifting each other up by stepping into His presence…

I thought today would be a good time to talk about prayer since it is the National Day of Prayer.

I have a hard time praying sometimes. I often lift friends and family up to my heavenly Father in prayer.  I want to say the right words.  I don’t want to just ‘pray’ for the sake of praying.  I don’t want to pour out the same words I have used before.  I want it to come from the depths of my soul.

However, sometimes I don’t have the words.  I would love to say I can pray eloquently on a dime.  I would love to speak beautiful words I have heard others cry out to our Lord.  That is not me.  And honestly, God doesn’t want me to be someone I am not.  He only wants me to reach out to Him.  He desires fellowship with Him through prayer.

My heart breaks for those who are hurting physically, emotionally, spiritually.  I want to ‘fix’ it.  I know I can’t.   I can go to my Father and ask Him to fix it.  He is the all-knowing healer, redeemer, and comforter.  He can do what I am incapable of doing because I am only human.

I am grateful for the Holy Spirit who can intercede for me.  I need all the help I can get daily.  The Holy Spirit gives me the words when I can’t.  I am appreciative for the grace He gives me each day and to have an instant line to His ear through prayer.

Back to the National Day of Prayer.  I am grateful for this reminder; however, shouldn’t every day be a national day of prayer?  Do we need a holiday to remind us to speak to our loving Father who craves our conversation? 

Reach out today to God and just share your thoughts.  Yes, He already knows them, but He wants to hear from you.  He wants fellowship with you so you can come closer to Him. This is just a quiet reminder to seek Him today and everyday in prayer. 

 

James 5:16 (NIV)

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Philippians 4:6 (NIV)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Matthew 6:6 (NIV)

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Jeremiah 29:12&13 (NIV)

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me with you seek me with all of your heart.

Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking up papers off the floor...

  This may seem like a completely random topic but hang with me for a minute.  How many times have you walked past something in your house t...