Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day thoughts...


 

Happy Father’s Day to all dads, grand-dads, dads to be…  ๐Ÿ’–

Bringing up the subject of fathers can have different reactions for people.  Some are excited at Father’s Day to celebrate the day and their family.  Others struggled with the entire day because they didn’t have what they expected or needed in a father.  For many years of my life, Father’s Day was a bit stressful.   Actually, stressful was an understatement.  Without going into too many details, I envied what others had and over the years and I hardened my heart towards the holiday all together.  I was bitter towards what I missed out on as a child.

When I accepted Christ as my savior, God taught me a new way to look at Father’s Day.  I discovered a new meaning of the word Father.  One who will always be with me until I am able to be with Him face to face.  Those moments of learning helped soften the scars that had formed in my heart over the years.  It also helped me to forgive my earthly father and understand the humanness in him.  None of us are perfect and everyone has scars from something.    It didn’t happen overnight.  I didn’t even happen in a month or a year.  It took years for God to work in my heart. 

Today I know I can call my heavenly Father - Abba, and know He hears every word I speak.  Psalm 116

I know He loves me unconditionally.  John 3:16

I know He will never let me go, no matter what I do.  Psalm 100

 

Today Father’s Day has a different meaning to me... 


Today, I remember this day with gratefulness to God because He has not only taught me over the years about what a true Father is, but also brought healing in my life through my earthly father.  He truly has restored what the locust have eaten.  God has also given me the gift of seeing my father come closer to Him each day.

Is our relationship perfect? No, but we are better with Gods mercy and grace.

Am I perfect?  Not even close.  I fail every day.

However, each day, we get closer by the grace of God.  He works in us and through us until we see Him face to face.  How awesome is our God?

If Father’s Day is a struggle for you - Step out today in faith and share your thoughts with our heavenly Father. He is there to listen and bring healing.  Ask Him to help you see your earthly father through His eyes.  He can clear the fog.  He can bring perspective.  Remember God was the first Father.   He understands more than you realize about parents and children.

 

Happy Father’s Day dad… ๐Ÿ’–

Happy Father’s Day Abba… ๐Ÿ’–

 

Psalms 68:5 (NIV)

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Psalms 103:13 (NIV)

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;

1 Corinthians 13:12 (NIV)

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Philippians 1:3 NIV

I thank my God every time I remember you.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...