Friday, July 8, 2022

Holy Echoes - His forgiveness...

 


Has a song ever reached deep into your soul when you needed it most? Or is that just me?

Sometimes God speaks to me through music.  Some days I am busy doing a job and a song comes on that grabs my attention and says – STOP and Listen. When I take the moment to be still – and listen – I hear the message. I hear His message.  Often, I need to hear the song several times to let the message sink in. 

So, I pick up my phone and look up the song on the internet.  Then I download it and listen to it again… and again.  I ask God, “Why this song, and why now?” Most times I have heard the song before, but for some reason it reached my soul at that moment and woke me up.

I am sharing this with you today because it happened again.  I spent the morning getting things ready before I went to a sister in Christ’s home.  I am currently working on my next book, and we spent some time together today to write more on her story which will be in the book.   

We talked about the awesomeness of God in our lives as she shared her story with me.  I was so inspired after we finished that I wanted to get home and jump on my computer right away.

However, work got in the way the minute I pulled in the driveway.  I proceeded to catch up on all the calls and pressing issues. After the dust settled, I sat down to write.

As I started to collect my thoughts I heard: Holy Water by We The Kingdom on KLove radio.  One section of the song caught my attention.


Your forgiveness

Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips

Like the sound of a symphony to my ears

Like Holy water on my skin


 I stopped what I was doing and meditated on that verse.  We were just sharing earlier how awesome God is and how grateful we are for His grace and mercy. 

This song was our afternoon anthem of how we felt about His forgiveness.

His forgiveness…  How deep that song went into my soul. 

I just sat and listened to the song several times and praised God for His forgiveness in my life.

Where would I be without His grace and mercy in my life?  I would be lost.  I would not be here writing to you.

I am so grateful for His forgiveness in my life.

Take time today and meditate on His word through song today…

 

Acts 26:18 (NIV)

to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

1 John 1:9 (NIV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

 

https://youtu.be/l0xhhG1Hyos


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...