Friday, July 22, 2022

Unplanned events...


 

Unplanned events can be joyful ones, or sometimes they are stressful ones.  For example, a surprise birthday party or a friend stopping by to say hi can be a joyful time.  However, hearing bad news from the doctor or getting a frantic call from a child can be a stressful unexpected event.

Did you know nothing surprises God? God knew about our day before we started it this morning.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

Psalms 139:16

 

Recently I had a stressful day that seemed to get worse by the hour.  I shared it in a previous story.  By the end of the day both my husband and I were spent.  There seemed to be nothing left to give or feel. 

Then the unexpected happened.  We were given an unexpected blessing during a dinner with friends.  This couple poured into us and within hours we were completely regenerated and blessed.  We drove away from dinner sharing how awesome God is in our lives. 

Now our night could have gone different if we wallowed in our frustrated day and just gave up and cancelled dinner.  I am so grateful we did not.  I am so grateful God does not give in as easily as I often do.

My stressful day didn’t surprise God.

Neither did the good news.

Some days have a plot twist like ours did.

 


However, some days do not.  They just keep piling on until we cry uncle.

The enemy likes to get into our head during difficult times and lie to us.  The father of lies likes to say God is not there during the stressful times.  God doesn’t care about our concerns. God is too busy for our lives.

Again, all lies.

I repeat, ALL LIES.

Even when you don’t feel the presence of God, HE IS THERE.  Don’t let the enemy get in your head.

We can face the unplanned difficult times knowing we have a loving Father who is there with us every step of the way.

Psalms 46:7

The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

 

Stand in faith – God is with you no matter how you feel.  Your feelings do not change who God is.

 

Now I can’t complete this without adding God allows some things to happen in our lives. 

Job 1:12

The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.” Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

 

We don’t always know the reason why.  Sometimes we never know the reason until we are face to face with our heavenly Father.  I have things that happened to me in my life that I don’t understand why God allowed them.  But I do know He is in control of my life.  I trust Him with my life.

My prayers for you today are that you can KNOW God is with you in this situation.  And if He has allowed it, that you find comfort in His arms as you trust Him with the outcome.   Remember, we know how the book ends.  WE WIN.

2 Timothy 2:13 (NIV)

if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

 

2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NIV)

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you 

and protect you from the evil one.

 

Hebrews 10:23 (NIV)

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, 

for he who promised is faithful.

 

Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...