Thursday, September 8, 2022

Do you ever feel unheard...?

 


Have you been in a conversation where someone was not listening, or partially listening to your words?  

This morning I was having a conversation with my husband, and he turned and said, “Honestly I didn’t hear anything you just said to me.”  I had to stop for a minute and then laugh, because I have done it to him before as well.  That comes with the territory of us trying to do so many things with our business and the ministry on a daily basis.  We get so caught up with our thoughts we can forget what the person right in front of us is saying.




This also happens with some of my customers.  That is why we spend extra time repeating what they should expect from us when we set a call.  First, I let the customer know on the phone that we are setting an approximate time and that time is not set in stone due to service calls before theirs.  The previous calls can take five minutes or several hours which then determines when the technician will arrive. I also mention that with the estimated time, they will receive a call from their technician when he is about ½ hour away from their home.  This gives them a more accurate timeframe to work with as he gets closer to the appointment. 

Next, we send out an email notification that repeats what I said on the phone.  Finally, they receive another text/email the day before stating the same thing.  Most times this works for the customer however some ignore all the information given and then call me wondering where their technician is.




I have heard before, no pun intended, that God gave us two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak.  The standing joke sometimes is that people stick their fingers in their ears and pretend to hear us.  

With all that goes on in our daily lives we are bombarded by the noise around us.  We can miss the message given.  Sometimes we need to just take a breath and ask the person to repeat their thoughts. 



God also speaks to us daily.
  Do we hear Him or are we too busy listening to our own thoughts.  Imagine how He feels reaching out to His children every day and watching them ignore His message…  We want Him to hear our cries.  Take time to hear His words…



Take a moment to reflect on what you did today.  Who did you speak to?  Did you really hear their message?  Do you need to go back to him or her and revisit the conversation?

Did God try to speak to you today and the noise around you drowned out His message?

Ask for His divine assistance as you tackle your day today.  Sometimes we just need to pause and say, please forgive me, can you repeat that?

Said in love, and oneness of feeling because I do this every day…

 

Psalms 61:1 (NLT)

O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer!

James 1:19 (NLT)

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.

Mark 4:25 (NLT)

To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.”

Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...