Thursday, August 1, 2024

Gabriel the puppy

We were quite happy with two puppies.  They were happy with the arrangements as well.  Benny had 100% of Dad’s attention.  Rocco was comfortable with his routine.

Then came Gabriel.

Why do we need another puppy?

Benny would say, “Because I want a buddy to play with!”



Rocco would say, “We don’t Need another puppy!”



Dad said, “He is cute, but how are we going to handle three…?”

I wondered if we would be able to do it all.  However we knew Benny needed a playmate since Rocco was getting older and didn't want to play as much as before.  Benny wanted all of our attention since Rocco refused to give him any of his.  We discerned that having a new buddy for Benny would brighten his spirits and possibly bring Rocco out of his 'old man' syndrome at the same time.

That was the plan.

Then Carl named him Gabriel which means - God is my Strength.



Once he was named, I knew.

This was more than a puppy that was joining our little family.  This was a blessing over our home.  There have been a lot of things going on lately.  Health issues.  Business issues.  Ministry issues.  So many issues that my issues have issues.

Can you relate?

So, in the midst of it all, I have had a few moments.  Well, maybe more than a few.  It has been tiring to say the least.  Especially with my health.  I am used to ‘pushing through’ things and just getting the job done.  The last couple of years have not been very cooperative with my internal schedule. I had plans.  My body had other plans.  I wanted to put everything in a neat little box and make it all work and when it didn’t… I had a moment.

I am not a complainer.  I would rather talk about anything else other than myself.  It is easier to deflect to other’s prayer needs.  That gives me something else to focus on.  When I am praying for someone else, I don’t think about my problems.  It also gives me perspective.  There are so many others that have it harder than I do.  So, I don’t complain.  Until now…  I spend a lot of time in my bible and in prayer.  I just needed a new sign.  I needed hope.



I needed HIM this time. 

I needed His reassurance this time.

I needed His strength this time.

He knew.

So, we are the proud new parents of Gabriel – who will be my daily reminder that GOD IS MY STRENGTH.

Every day I see Gabriel, I will be reminded of God’s promise to us.  I will not forget.  I will not give up hope.



Don’t give up hope.  Look for the signs in the smallest things every day.  Our Heavenly Father is ready to share them with you.

Thank you for your prayers too my friend... 

 

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:6

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

                                                      Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My gift to you.

  The best compliment is to be copied 😊 Last month was my birthday and I decided to do something different.   I asked my pastor if I coul...