Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Celebrate today!


 

I read a bible devotional today and it caused me to pause.  The plan talked about celebrating not only when a victory is made, but also the process. 

How many times I have waited to celebrate until the job was completed or until the day of the event.  How about you?  We celebrate the hurdles of life.  We make it to a new job, a new career, a new home, a new marriage.  What about the small progresses towards the goals? 

I spent many months completing my book that is finally going to be released November 30th.  How many days did I celebrate completing each story in the book?  I can’t say that I did. I was so focused on the final project date that sadly I missed celebrating the journey God took me through.  How many lessons of joy did I miss pressing in like Martha in the bible instead of Mary? 

I grieve today thinking about that.  However, as the devotional stated, I need to celebrate the revelation God just gave me today.  I can celebrate knowing this new revelation instead of mourning how much I lost.  I need to look how far I have come and not look at what is left. 


We all need to do that.



As I open the door to writing another book, I pray I can keep focused on the journey, not just the destination.   Will you join me today and celebrate God’s revelations in your life and the journey?  We are all on a journey which has the most incredible ending.  We get to see Him face to face.  Take time today to enjoy the journey as He reveals Himself more to you today.



Nehemiah 8:9-12

9 Then Nehemiah the governor, Ezra the priest and teacher of the Law, and the Levites who were instructing the people said to them all, “This day is holy to the Lord your God. Do not mourn or weep.” For all the people had been weeping as they listened to the words of the Law.

10 Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

11 The Levites calmed all the people, saying, “Be still, for this is a holy day. Do not grieve.”

12 Then all the people went away to eat and drink, to send portions of food and to celebrate with great joy, because they now understood the words that had been made known to them.


Copyright © 2022 Peggy A. Priest. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Timing

  I am impatient .   I wait in grocery lines and pick up my phone and scroll through social media.   I stop at a red light and pick up ...